In spite of enjoying wonderful house guests, Drs. appointments, and life, in general, I managed to work on this adorable Jenny and her foal, bringing more color and layers to create more depth. When I showed you my progress on my blocked-in pair last week, I had laid down the groundwork to have something to work from. This week, I started putting in more hair textures and tones bringing out the living forms. I don’t know if you can see this, but I painted the mama’s ears, and softened the beigy hairs in her ears. Next comes some blending towards the ear’s edges. I am hoping, by the next time we meet, to have finished the donkeys’ bodies, background, shadowing in the front of the donkeys and their eyes. At least, for now, that is my plan.
top of page
bottom of page